Announcement: RIAS Short Term Research Fellowship
The RIAS invites applications for a Short-Term Research Fellowship.
The fellowship is open to early career scholars and postdoctoral researchers who wish to spend a period of maximum four months, starting no later than1 November 2019, at the RIAS in order to carry out a significant research project such as:
- Grant proposal for Dutch funding schemes (NWO) and/or European ones (ERC Starting or Consolidator Grants, Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions, etc.);
- Peer review article;
- Book project/proposal;
- Turning PhD dissertation into a book.
To be eligible, applicants must have:
- A PhD in History, American Studies or any other closely related field, completed no earlier than January 2008;
- An excellent publication record commensurate with academic experience;
- A concrete research plan, including ideas on dissemination and valorization of the main research outputs.
The application deadline is on Sunday, 29 September 2019. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed in the second week of October 2019. Applications, which should be sent to email@example.com, must include:
- A cover letter explaining the applicant’s interest in the position;
- A research plan (max. 300 words) specifying the research topic, methodology, originality, and connection to the RIAS sources (a separate list of relevant RIAS sources may be attached to the research plan).
- A CV, including a list of relevant publications.
The RIAS strongly encourages applications from individuals who are under-represented in the profession, across color, creed, race, ethnic and national origin, physical ability, and gender and sexual identity.
For more information, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.