RIAS Research Grants
The RIAS offers a limited number of research grants for scholars and students based in Europe to visit the Institute in Middelburg. This fulfills one of the Institute’s key functions: to act as a major depository of materials on US history on this side of the Atlantic. Scholars at all stages in their careers (Masters and PhD students as well as scholars preparing a publication) are invited to apply.
The details of the grant are as follows:
- The maximum grant is €600, amount varies based on travel expenses and accommodation
- The minimum research visit to the Roosevelt Institute for American Studies is one week
- Applicants wanting to conduct research for a Master Thesis or PhD must be endorsed by the professor supervising their work
- Applications should be submitted at least two months prior to the intended visit
- The RIAS aims to distribute the grants across applicants from different European countries
Applications including the completed form, a description of the research project (1-3 pages), and a CV should be submitted to:
Roosevelt Institute for American Studies
P.O. Box 70
4330 AB Middelburg
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.